Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Beginner's Blitz

Mark and I have been sick for a few days (Micah for almost a week now) so that explains the no blogging from me for awhile. It has been a take it easy kind of week which meant no work outs at all from me....until now. I was feeling fat so I had to do something. My friend Angele came over and we did the beginner's 'Blitz' which consisted of:

250 skips
25 back extensions
25 push ups
50 full situps
50 leg squats

Of course we timed it and I ended up finishing it in approximately 7 minutes and she in 9 minutes. I thought that was pretty good for me since I was thinking of going to yoga tonight and I tried to do one posture and I couldn't even hold it for a few seconds. So, for a sick Momma, that was pretty good :) I am proud of my friend Angele for doing it and finishing strong. She hasn't skipped rope since she was a kid and she did pretty well. Mind you she was tired in the end and her face was red but she finished strong and didn't give up. Way to go Angele! I know that you will be beating your first record time next time you do that with me :) Hey Evie, I know you can do the real Blitz no problem :) You should come over and do that with me when I am better.

Anyway, Mark and I are feeling much better today. Hopefully I will be good by Thursday. Micah and I are taking the red arrow bus to go to Edmonton to spend our early Christmas celebration with my family. I am very excited! I haven't seen my family in awhile and I miss them so much. We are also taking my parents to supper on Thursday night because it is their anniversary. Very excited to eat Malaysian food too! Tropika here we come! Yum!yum!

If you've never tried Malaysian food before it is amazing! We have a 'Tropika' in Calgary and it is close to 16th Ave. and Center Street. Very very tasty food. You must try to order the beef or chicken sate, roti, chicken curry and the crab. Man, I wish I was eating that for supper tonight.

Ciao for now,
K

No comments: