Sunday, November 12, 2006

Figuring things out

Well, I must say that it's been awhile. Sorry all, I have been distracted with my little one lately. The days are great because we have our routine figured out. As for the nights.....well, it has been a challenge lately. It's like I have gone backwards or something. I keep on asking myself "What did I do wrong?". Shouldn't he be sleeping a full 10 hours by now? That's probably the selfish Kris talking but I am definitely looking forward to sleeping a full 8 hours of sleep someday (soon I hope). I have tried everything else but it feels like nothing is working at all. Hey Moms, when do you actually start sleeping again? I know, i know it's different for every baby....any advice on helping me get more sleep would be great. Once in awhile the 'let them cry' idea would pop into my head but I just don't think I can do that right now. Anyway, I'm sure I'll be figuring this out pretty soon.

As for my little warrior, he is also figuring things out at a rapid rate. Like rolling and talking and complaining. He makes me laugh and cry and do all the little silly things just to see him smile! There is nothing like seeing a baby smile with everything they've got. It is the sweetest, most precious thing in the world.

He's also got tooth number 2 coming out. You can now see his first tooth when he smiles and his second one is just about to come out as well. This has been a challenge with breastfeeding because he has bit me a couple of times. There was this one time that really really hurt and I was shocked at how painful it was! Anyway, he'll just have to figure out that it is wrong to bite Mom. Here is a shot of the first tooth.

Last but not least, a video of my little prince trying to figure out what to do when you can't roll into a wall. It is quite cute :)
Enjoy! K




1 comment:

Jenn said...

Sleep problems are so hard. As I look back through my blog I see how obsessed with it I was. We eventually did the cry it out with Lucas. I highly recommend the book Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby, by Marc Wiesbluth. It will teach you alot about baby sleep rhythms etc. It may be helpful. Good Luck and in not to long you'll be sleeping through the night again (at least for a couple of nights. =)

Jenn