Sunday, October 22, 2006

Micah Milestone, Gum surgery and the weekend

Well, I have to start my blog with the most expensive dental expense I have ever had to pay (700$). This one was a gum surgery that involved cutting out part of my gums and pushing the bottom part up (to show more of the teeth) then sewing the bottom gums to what is left of the top...yup! it sounds and feels painful too. It will take about a week to heal before they take the stitches out. It has been a pretty tough 3 days so far and I cannot wait for my mouth to heal. I was thinking of taking pictures to show all of you but I decided not to. (you can thank me, I know :) The worst part of it is that they have to do this in preparation for a crown. I can only imagine how much that is going to cost me. Ouch!

Our weekend was pretty mellow...which is how we like it. I had to kick out Mark and Micah on Saturday so I could clean up our house. Mark decided to take Micah out for a 10k run and they had a blast. It was either do that or take Micah to Rona (he chose running instead which is probably the best choice). On Sunday we went to Fish Creek park to enjoy the beautiful fall weather. Someday we will be living in one of those houses by the park. It is just such a beautiful place to live. Here are some nice pics.








Micah Milestones

Micah started eating bananas today. I mixed in a piece of banana in his rice cereal this morning and he seems to like it. I guess I just have to wait and see if he gets any reaction from it. Oh the fun things of feeding solids to your kid. Here is a little video of him enjoying his breakfast.








And last but not least...here is a video of our little champ rolling away. He has finally figured out how to roll onto his back and it is an amazing milestone for all of us :) enjoy!







ciao for now,
K

No comments: