Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Doing things for me



Micah is almost 4 months old and I am now to the point where I can start doing more things for myself. First off, I have started reading. I was not into reading before but now I am. My first novel that I have read is 'The White Oleander'. I must say that it is very good. I now have to watch the movie and I can't wait to do my comparisons. People have said that the book is definitely way better than the movie but I guess I'll just have to find that out on my own. The next book that I have chosen to read is 'The DaVinci Code'. I am only at Chapter 4 but it's pretty good so far. I am making mental notes to watch the movie on this as well. I am really enjoying reading now. It is such a good exercise for my brain. I figured I might as well start using it again :)





Speaking of using my brain, I will be redesigning Mark's website in the up coming months. We bought a flash template and I am very excited to create and re-design his site. Watch for this in my future blog.

Also, I have started running again. Ever since I bought the Chariot, there is no excuse for me not to run. There is this circular park close to our place and it's a good size park for running/walking etc. We figured out that if you run 5 laps, it is about 2.5 kms. I used to run around this park so easily. Last week I have started and just ended up running a maximum of 3 laps because by the time I do lap number 3 I am dead tired! Today, I have managed to run 5 laps non-stop pushing Micah in the Chariot and dragging my puppy dog Cassy as well. Let's just say that by my last lap, all I kept on thinking was 'Do Not Stop' and I kept on chanting 'I love running' over and over again. It feels good to start doing things for me again. I kind of lost the 6 week workout plan but I still manage to work out with Mark at least 3 times a week. It won't be long until I can start doing things like running up and down the stairs by Princess Island Park. Yeah right! probably next year.



Anyway, lots going on this week. I have started packing tonight because Micah and I are taking the Red Arrow bus on Thursday to go to Edmonton. My cousin Joey is getting married and we are spending our weekend there. I have to read one of the readings at church and am pretty nervous about it. I tried to find an excuse not to do it, like 'what if Micah is hungry during that time and I need to feed him?' anyway, I don't have a choice, it's probably no big deal anyway. We'll see how it goes. It will be good to party with my side of the family though. Mark will be driving on the Saturday to meet us there. It's going to be a fun weekend for sure.

Last but not least, here is a video of my little boy hanging out in his pod.
He is just so adorable!







enjoy!
K

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome blog babe! You are doign such a great job in all things.........it is hard to achieve balance right now but I think you are doing very well. Love me.

The Topps said...

Great Video. Very cute.