Friday, June 30, 2006

The real workout, friends etc.

Yesterday was my very first real work out with Mark. Man am I ever sore today! I realize how much I missed working out with him. He is so great at encouraging people. I miss the feeling of being sore too (good sore). It totally makes me feel better about myself. I have more energy and I feel great! It is so important for postpartum Moms to get into an exercise routine once they feel they have more energy and time for themselves (even if it's only 15 minutes a day!). Mark makes me a 15 minute workout everyday and I try my hardest to do it. He says to just make it a priority and it will get done. He is right. There's just too many excuses and too many distractions that if you actually make it a priority, it will get done.


Anyway, I went out with my girl friends from church yesterday and it was great. There's 5 of us in the group and they have been such blessings in my life. They have supported me through thick and thin and I love them dearly. What a wonderful thing to have with you, a group of people who will love you for who you are and what you beleive in. They have been really important to me. There's Michelle (who's son Canyon is 2 days older than Micah) and there's Heather who is due in August and there's Hannah who is our yoga master and Shirely who is our super Mom in the group. To have such a diverse group of friends and still able to get along well is so awesome. There is nothing like feeling at home when I hang out with them. They are pretty much my second family in Calgary. Thank you bellas for your friendship, your love and honesty. I appreciate you all so much!

As for my beautiful son, he is growing and growing some more. He weighs 12.5 lbs now at 2 months! He is definitely getting more round and I love it! He is going to get his first vaccination this coming Tuesday. Wish me luck! I know Michelle went to take Canyon and she told me to bring Kleenex!!! Yikes! we'll see if I can tough it out! Probably not! Maybe we'll get dad to come along with us.




Anyway, hope you all have a Happy Canada Day long weekend!

ciao,
K

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Kristine,

Be sure to have some baby tylenol on hand for when you get home after his immunizations. They'll let you know how much to give him.

Jenn