Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Love it!





Good Tuesday Morning everyone! To all my co-workers who read my blog, I feel your pain...I promise to enjoy the nice day outside for you today. Now that it's summer I know how hard it is to be couped up inside and working...I would rather be doing something else too :) Hence my title, Love it! I am loving life right now!

I love being home and being a mom. It beats being at work on a nice sunny day anytime :) mind you it doesn't look sunny outside anymore (what's new? calgary weather!) but it is still nice to not be working right now. Speaking of right now, my son is in his swing happily sleeping. Puppies are on their comfy bed happily sleeping too. Man, maybe I should go and take a nap too..... but nah! I think I had at least around 5 hours of sleep total. We had an ok night last night. Mark had to sleep in the other room because he had to work early today (8:45 a.m.) I know, to him that is really early. He is so lucky to have a business that he can set his own hours to. Usually, he doesn't leave our house at around 10 a.m. We are fortunate to spend time in the morning as a family and have breakfast and just get things ready for the day.



Anyway, we had a great weekend. Kara (Mark's brother's wife) had thrown us a baby shower for family and friends and we had such a great time. It was nice to see some of my good friends that were able to make it. It meant a lot to see you all there! Thanks again everyone for the gifts...we are definitely accumulating a lot of stuff. Cute stuff for baby anyway. I can't wait to take pictures of some of them and upload them on my blog. Hmmnn... I should buy my own camera...right now we use Mark's camera and he uses it often and I don't get to take pictures of my son during the day (like my friend Jenn does) I was checking out her blog yesterday and she uploads pictures of her cute son Lucas almost everyday and it is so cool. It is such a great way to keep a record of how her son is growing so much and just for family and friends to see that as well. Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a canon. Just something small, tough and a simple camera that I can use.

On to more things that I love...my new imac! I ask my self, why didn't I get an imac before?!! (because I didn't know much about it and couldn't afford it? he!he!he!) it is so freakin awesome! I went to Best Buy and bought my imac and they gave me a free canon printer as well....now that's a great deal! Anyway, I set this puppy up and it was like 3 steps to do it! can you beleive that?! plug it in, connect the mouse to the keyboard and connect the keyboard to the monitor. Budda boom! Budda bing! done! I love it! it even automatically detected my wireless internet for me! wow, now that's impressive. I'm sure you'll be hearing more stuff about this on my future blogs. Everyone, if you're planning on buying a new puter..I recommend checking out the apple products first. I was kind of overwhelmed and iffy about buying it at first because I had never used one before but it is so simple that you figure things out so quickly. I can't say enough good things about it. It has this built in camera right on the monitor so you can take pictures and choose different cool effects, like these:





Anyway, I should get my day started and do my postpartum workout program that Mark made for me. He is so amazing with what he does. He knows so much about the human anatomy (is that like a fancy word of saying the human body?) that it blows me away! I am loving having a free personal trainer :) thanks babe! I definitely think that you should pursue your goal of writing a book regarding post partum workouts. It is so important for women who gave birth to get back into shape again. Speaking from experience now...I guess it just helps your confidence, helps you to be strong (to carry baby around) and you just feel good about yourself. Mark stresses the important things that I need to work on and that is doing my kegel workouts and my TA's. I forgot what the the T A stands for (trans*!@#!mus, abdominus?!) anyway, it's the thing where you suck in your stomach and hold it for 10 seconds and doing that about 30 times. I wondered why he didn't start me on doing ab workouts right away and he said that it is important to strengthen your core muscles from the inside first because it has been stretched out when I was pregnant. Anyway, he is a genius at this stuff. So I better get to it while I'm still gung ho in doing it.

Sorry to blah blah blah you guys...I'm off to enjoy my Tuesday :)

Hope you're doing the same!

Luv, K

3 comments:

Jenn said...

I'll buy the book!

Jenn

Jenn said...

And I'm with you, staying home is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

You're right I-Mac's are the greatest we have had Apple computers in our home for the last twenty years. Jenn was raised on em
You also have an adorable son.

Jenn's Mom