Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Father's Day, Dinners and Lunches and Friends

Hello all,

Happy belated Father's Day to all you dads out there! Being a dad is definitely hard but it has its rewards. I know that you only want what's best for your family ...even though sometimes us Mom's don't make a point of thanking you for the work that you do and for your love and support. I am definitely am thankful for Mark. For being such an awesome father to Micah. He loves him so much and it shows! When you hang out with him or talk to him on the phone...you will definitely hear a lot of bragging about our son :)



Speaking of Micah, he is doing so well! He loves to smile and coo and talk to you. I am so thankful everyday to have everything I want in my life. I just love him so much! Here's some cute pics of him the other day.





It is now Thursday and finally had a chance to blog. We have been quite busy this week. On Monday, Angele came over and we went over to Costco and did some food shopping. Now we have food at home yay! It sucks when you open your fridge and you have nothing to eat. I now realize that it is harder to go out there and grocery shop with a baby. Anyway, I was so thankful for Angele to help me out for sure. I know she was really tired and she still came and did all that work with me. When we got home she was definitelly pooped and so was I. Thanks Angele! You're the greatest.

On Tuesday, we had Gord and Kara over for dinner and had a great time! I baked salmon from Costco and they were really yummy. Costco is the way to go. You definitely save so much and the food is good too. Anyway, we were sooo full from that dinner...I'm sure Gord and Kara will never have salmon for a long time....the salmon steaks that I got were so huge! And then, we decided to have apple pie and ice cream...yup, I felt like a pig after that for sure!

On Wednesday, Micah and I went over to Jenn's place for lunch and hung out with her and Lucas. I had such a great time. Thanks for all the helpful advice Jenn! I appreciate it! It is great to have friends who have kids...they know so much! hmmnn...must find more :)

And now it's Thursday and Grandma Esh is coming over at 3. I plan on giving Micah a bath around that time so she can experience bathtime with her grandson. I know she will love it :)

And last but not least, we leave for Wetaskiwin tomorrow (Cars cost less in Wetaskiwin!) ha!ha! sorry, I couldn't help but add that in! My family and friends are throwing us another shower party there for Micah and I can't wait! It will be sooo good to see my family again. I miss them so much. It is really hard when you are alone in the city and no one from the side of your family is here. Don't get me wrong, I love Mark's familly but it's just not the same when you have your own family over. I hope you understand what I'm saying. I know I can talk to them on the phone and I know I can invite friends over so it's not so depressing but there is nothing like being with your family that will help fill that void. Anyway, I am very excited to leave tomorrow. I'm sure it will be a great weekend. Also, Micah and I are staying over there until Wednesday so I can spend more time with my sister and my Mom. Very very excited for sure!!!

Anyhoo, this blog is long enough...have a great weekend everyone!

Ciao,
K

1 comment:

Mo Khan said...

Oh Miss. Kristine, golfing should be fun. I have never gone before so I'm sure it will be rather amusing.

I never got back to you about the DS site. It obviously would not have come to fruition had it not been for your excellent tutorials and pages of pages already completed. Damn that Jeremy!

Also, I must get some workout tips from Mr. Mark, I didn't realize he was such a beefy guy. I should have guessed since he sets up your workouts. Mr. Mark please put me on a rigourous workout routine... pleeease!