Sunday, June 04, 2006

End of Week 5

Hello friends and family,

I know I have been slacking off on my blog for the past week. It's been quite busy in our household lately :) I never realized how much work and time it requires to take care of babies. The end of week 5 is here and some nights have been good and some have been bad...well let me explain the bad first. (not really bad...more like stressful moments)

I'm finding that I want baby to be happy all the time (Isn't that what all parents want?) well, some nights I wouldn't get a burp out of Micah and from being so tired would just lay him on his side and sleep...well, I have learned my lesson by waking up in the next few hours with him screaming his gutts out because he is in so much pain from gas. By this time it is too late to burp him and I am already in distress and filled with guilt. From lack of sleep and feeling so bad, I then end up being emotional and not a very happy person to be around with. That's just one example. Also, Micah hasn't pooped for two days now and it is hurting him. Today is going to be day two and I hope that he will poop soon. There are lots of wet diapers but no poo. I can tell he wants to by the sound of his grunts but it always end up with a painful cry. We called the start line and they told us that babies who are breastfed would usually go for 10 days without pooping. Well that's all good and dandy but I just want him to poop now! I never thought I would be cheering for my son to poop. Anyway, cross your fingers and hope he will lay a landslide soon!

The good days and nights are so worthwhile. He has been averaging 4 hours of sleep. He is now able to smile back at you and focus on your face. I have even heard a laugh or two from him and they were so precious. He coo's more often too and I love it! Bath times are definitely the best times...he kicks his legs and splashes everywhere!

I can't wait for what week 6 will bring. I know every week is a totally treasured experience. More stories to come your way soon!

Anyway, I should go check up on him.

Take care everyone and hope to hear from you soon!

K

2 comments:

Jenn said...

I know it's crazy 10 days! There were a couple of times when Lucas didn't have a poop for a couple of days.

It will come and then good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»