Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Week 3 - Update with Baby Micah

Well today is Micah's 3-week birthday. You can tell I'm such a new mom coz I'm totally so excited that it's already been 3 weeks! He now weighs 9.4 lbs and is growing like a weed.

I cannot beleive how fast they grow. He is more beautiful everyday....ok, handsome everyday :) I have been having some bad nights and one good night last night. It seems to me that burping is my nemesis right now. Is there a secret to burping that I don't know about? I have been up all night for the past couple of days because Micah has been so gassy and therefore he would fuss through the night. Last night we decided to give him 100 ml of breast milk that was pumped and lo and behold I was able to get 3 hours of sleep straight and then 2 hours added this morning. It is amazing how clear my head feels with a total of 5 hours of sleep. Anyway, I guess it will get better as they get older. Thank you all for your support, e-mails and comments and the many wonderful gifts that we have already received. We truly appreciate it.

Here is a picture of our little one with his Karate outfit that Grandma got him from the Philippines. He just melts my heart :)

Take care everyone!

Ciao for now,
K

4 comments:

Jenn said...

Kristine,

Have you tried the ovol? That might help with burping.

The other thing we found was to try not to have him cry too much before feeding cause then the air would kind of get "stuck"

Good Luck, it will soon be over.

Jenn

Kristine said...

Hi Jenn,

Thanks for the great advice! I haven't really tried the ovol yet but if it gets really worse, I will definitely use it.

K

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristine!

Sorry I haven't emailed you yet. Its been so crazy for me the last few weeks. I just wanted to write and say how adorable your son is and I can't wait to see you and your new baby in person.

Take care. Hope to hear from you soon.

Chunlee

JF & Steph said...

Hey beaute, I am sure you are an amazing MOM...Micah is really (and you know I am honnest) beautiful baby!