Tuesday, February 14, 2006

11 More Weeks to Go!

Week 29
Well, I haven't had a chance to measure myself or weigh my self yet...maybe it's a good thing considering I'm having a hard time tying my shoe laces, forgetting my winter coat up North.... and (yes Jenn) my belly button is now an outtie :), aaannnd I'm looking more and more like the penguins in the "March of the Penguins movie"!

Oh yeah, I have also now discovered stretch marks on my lower belly (I think this is where I scratched my tummy - or am I just in denial? that my miracle cream is not working for me!? aaahhh panic attack!) oh well, it is bound to happen I guess....so I might as well accept the fact that I will probably have them so might as well learn to love them! Hey mom's out there, is it true that if you scratch your pregnant belly that you end up getting stretch marks from it? OR do you ususally get the stretch marks after giving birth or do you see it while you're still pregnant?! Okay, okay, sorry.... I'll stop obsessing about it now.

Update on Last Week
Hmmnn....where do I begin....last week was definitely a tough one. With me not feeling 100%, going to school and working full time I was due for a breakdown. For those of you who read my previous blogs, remember when I said that I'm probably going to end up crying my gutts out and then feeling better after?! well, it happened thursday and friday! Two days in a row! I couldn't beleive it?! all I kept thinking yesterday was I felt sorry for Mark for having to witness all of that! I was thinking that he was probably glad to get away on friday coz I know that I would be if I were him...I mean, who wants to be with a cry baby anyhow?

Thursday was just a hard day for me...I couldn't remember why I had a melt down but I guess it was just from not feeling well and the lack of sleep and just long days that I had from going to work and then to school right after that.

As for friday, that was a different story...I only worked for a half a day because I had set a goal to get the rest of my divorce papers processed and finalized and to go do the gestational diabetes testing before leaving for Edmonton. Well, I decided to head to the downtown courthouse first and low and behold I get a biatch to help me out. She didn't really help me because I had to go find a photocopy place downtown because I needed 5 copies of this one document...so here's me... prego lady scurrying to get this done before the parking meter runs out...when I got back she was just giving me attitude! so now, I pretty much had it when she tells me I'm missing another document...I discovered that I had left a very important document at the registries that needed to be included with the rest of the divorce documents! So needless to say I was not going to make it to my testing and let alone get everything completed by the end of the afternoon. (Note to self: do not be over ambitious especially when you are pregnant!) I walked to my car and burst out crying while I was driving at the same time....I then headed to the registry place to pick up the document I had left behind. Thanks to an angel, Joey (even though he is such a weird guy), he just called me when he saw me (told me I didn't need a number) and he fixed everything that needed to be fixed with my documents. Anyways, to make a long story longer I got home just before Mark had to leave for Fernie and I cried my gutts out! Talk about emotional! I was insanely crazy emotional! Yup, I bet he was glad to leave!Anyways, I did manage to feel better after crying it out. Lesson learned for sure. Let's just say that I am now an expert when it comes to filing your divorce papers. At least the last step is now done and all I have to do now is wait 6 to 8 weeks and I will be free! yay!

A trip to our past
The weekend ended up to be awesome! I was able to see most of my family and celebrated Ron's 30th birthday (my brother in law). We cooked a huge Filipino feast at my sister's place and snarfed it all! Saturday night, my cousins (JR and Joey) came over along and so did my brother Ian and his girlfriend Gabrielle. We all watched a video of the places that they visited including our hometown where we grew up. We were so amazed at how different some things are and yet some things never change...for example, our aunts house (where we grew up)...it seemed so big but now it seems so small even though it never changed! We saw some beautiful places that I would love to go see when Mark and I plan on visiting there (with our "E") of course :) All in all, it was great to spend some time with my family.

Hey, if you have some time, check out this site about the Beauty of the Philippines...it's a good one: http://www.tommyschultz.com/


Anyhoo, I guess this should be good enough blog for now...I know it's not too exciting to read but I feel that I needed to let it out. That's what blogs are for right :)

Happy Valentines Day everyone! Stay nice and warm!

Oh, the weather outside is frightful...but the fire is so delightful.
And since we've no place to go....Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

(Ha!ha! now it's in your head!)
ciao for now!
K

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Kristine,

I never heard about the scratching your belly thing, but my stretch marks have defintly faded since Lucas was born. Plus that brown "line" is gone. Don't stress out too much about, they'll fade away.

Jenn

Kristine said...

Hi Jenn,

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that they fade away at least. I will definitely keep that in mind!
I'll just continue on putting my miracle cream I guess :) And yeah, I do have that brown line in the middle of my tummy now too!

You're right though, it's nothing to stress out about:)

Angele said...

AWWWW! Kris you are doing so well. And I have never heard of the scratching the belly thing....I think that's quite the wive's tale:)