Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Monthly Letter - 1 Year Later


Right now, Mark and I are drinking a very expensive wine to celebrate our 1 year of parenting. (Thanks Rob and Anna) Very very good wine :)

It is hard to believe how this time last year I was screaming my face off watching the flames play in the playoffs and I went into labour.

http://krisbabyadventures.blogspot.com/2006/05/update-labour-delivery-and-baby.html

Reading my blog over again made it feel like it was just yesterday.....but it also felt like it was so long ago. Time flew by that's for sure. I couldn't even remember what our summer was like last year because we were sleep deprived, brand new parents and pretty much everything was a blur. I now realize what people mean when they say 'Enjoy every minute of it!'.

----------------------------------------MY LETTER TO MICAH---------------------------
My Dear Micah,

Happy 1 year old Birthday! First and foremost, I am so proud to be your Mom. I am in awe everytime I look at you. You have grown so fast my boy. You have reached so many milestones over the past year that it is hard to keep track. Hopefully I have managed to document some of your milestones that you will be able to read and laugh at them someday. You have become such a spirited little boy. You are still little though :) and I am cherishing every moment. I feel so blessed to be able to stay home and take care of you. I wouldn't want to miss out on so many things......even if they were just the little things. You are only so little once. Some days I ask myself if I am doing the right thing....staying home to look after you. It only takes a few seconds to realize that I am.


This month you have been a busy little bee. You go everywhere by cruising around the house.




You are now able to take 2 to 3 steps on your own. It won't be long now until you are able to finally just walk, walk and probably run! I am looking forward to that day.

Now that it's nicer outside we spend more of our time outdoors. You love being in your chariot! Mom can run for an hour no problem because you have no problems with that!

We have also faced your car seat forward and you enjoy it so much more. Everytime I go on reverse and look back, there's always a big smile on your face because Mommy turned her head around. I love that!

You love to read your books! I always make sure that I put the time to read with you during the day. You have also figured out how to flip the books so they are not upside down. You do this now everytime you read. Very impressive my son! I love reading the alphabooks to you because you try to say the words as well. You can say 'Duck' , 'Fish', and 'Cheese' really well.

You have become such a good talker too! You are very expressive and I admire that about you. Sometimes I wish I was more like that too :)



You are getting so good at climbing over things. You actually climbed over the bench that we use to block you from the kitchen. yikes! I guess we just have to baby proof the kitchen 100 percent!

You are such a good dancer too! Every time you hear any kind of beat or tune you shake your little booty. I love it! That's probably because I dance with you every day. It is so much fun!

Your favorite toys right now are balls and balloons! Guess what we're having lots of on your party? I am going to make sure there's balloons in every room! Well, maybe just the living room! he!he!


You now love to do 'head tripods'. I'm sure you'll figure out how to somersault soon enough.




Last but not least is your teeth. It has been a tough month my son. You have 6 teeth coming out and that means sleepless nights for Mom, Dad and of course you. They are almost out which is great! Until the next batch of course.

Well my little warrior, I look forward to singing you your first happy birthday song tomorrow. I love you sweetheart! and Happy Birthday!

------------------------------------------LOVE ALWAYS, MOM---------------------------



Right now I feel like I have accomplished something really big. Probably the biggest and most important accomplishment in my life. Being a Mom is definitely the hardest, most rewarding experience any woman will ever face. I have so much more respect for Mothers out there.


To Mark, you are the best Dad! Micah and I are so lucky that we are your family. We love you so so much! Thanks for your patience and love and lots more patience. You work so hard for us. Thanks for that too sweetheart! I appreciate you.



Lastly, I want to thank the people in my life who have supported me throughout, specially this past year (you know who you are). I love you all and appreciate you being in our lives.




Kris

No comments: