Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Welcome to 2007!

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and New Years. As for our family, we had a great one. Our little man was the highlight of it all and he deserved it. Mark and I are already looking forward to our next Christmas next year. We are planning on taking a 4 week vacation. First week will be spent in Thailand and the rest of the 3 weeks will be spent on the the beach resort in the Philippines. Yahoo! I am so so excited already! My Mom, brother and his girlfriend went there last year and they were talking about the fresh seafood that you eat (like 'jumbo shrimp' as big as lobsters) really, Forest Gump knew what he was talking about :) Anyway, Micah Pants will be almost 2 by then so might as well do this trip now while his fare is still free.

Also, I was thinking about my New Year resolutions while I write this blog and all I want now is to make the world a better place for my son to live in, have good health, spend lots of time with my family and be happy with myself (meaning - physically, mentally, spiritually). As I look back at the goals that I have written last year, I am also proud of myself for accomplishing a lot. Looking back now, I am amazed at the many fulfilling experiences I've had. Sometimes it was hard (like when I was working full time AND going to night school while I was 8 months pregnant) and sometimes it was very painful, but very fulfilling (like giving birth to my wonderful precious son). I could never have survived all of this without the love and support of my awesome partner in crime, Marky. You make me a better person and I am so blessed and thankful for what we have.

As for my little warrior...he is growing insanely fast. I know I probably sound like a broken record already but they do grow so quickly! He finally figured out how to crawl today (the good crawl on all fours) and he is getting faster by every crawl. He has also figured how to splash in his tub. (very very cute!) He would splash his face and giggle like crazy and do it over and over again. He is also getting way too attached to Mom. He would cry every time I leave the room. Hopefully this is just a phase. Of course, Dad is always to the rescue (thanks Marky).


Last but not least, I would like to give my love to my other dog Sammy. He will be leaving for Nova Scotia in about 8 days and I will miss him dearly. He has been my baby prior to Micah and now we have to do the hardest thing and that is to give him up. At least he will be with someone that loves him as much as I did. I'm sure he will love it in Cape Breton.
We will miss you Sam! Cassy will miss you lots too!



And here are a few more pics. Enjoy! K







3 comments:

Angele said...

Hey Kris!!! Happy New Year!!!
I think I need help to keep up my blog like you have yours...AHHH :)One goal I have...lol
See you soon:)

Jenn said...

Happy New Year Kristine,

Looks like you had a great holiday. Why do you have to give up your puppy? That Micah is so sweet, he is going to have to fend off the girls when he gets older.

Also your vacation sounds exquiste!

Jenn

Kristine said...

Hi Jenn,
Happy New Year to you too!
Seems like you had a great holidays too :)
We have to give up Sammy because he is a very very busy and way too smart of a JRT. He also had jealousy tendencies towards Micah and we had to watch out a few times because he almost nipped him probably out of jealousy. Also, 2 JRTs equals 2 much trouble. It is fine when they are by themselves by when you have them together, they totally become brats. It is just way too hard for me to take care of 3 kids. As hard as it was to do that, I'm sure that he will be much better off with Adam in Nova Scotia running around the farm and suntanning by the beach.

As for our vacation next Christmas, we are definitely looking forward to it.

Hey, we should get together sometime soon ok!
K