Thursday, December 28, 2006

Monthly Letter

My dear baby boy,

You turned 8 months on Dec. 26th. There have been a few 'First' time milestones that you have reached at this age. Most of them were pretty cool and we also had one milestone that you were able to do which ended up to be a scary experience.

First and foremost the scary event with you jumping/climbing out of your crib. You were napping and when Daddy came to check up on you, you were already on the floor. Your crib was not adjusted to the lower level yet and you were able to pull up on the railing, onto your knees and somehow managed to go over it and fell on the floor. He was really shocked and scared for you. I would have been too if I found you like that. I guess he found you on your side with a blanket and it seemed like you were ok. You were not crying so that was a good sign. You gave him a big smile when you saw him and even giggled when he was checking your ribs for a full body exam to see if anything was broken. After examining you, he lowered the crib so that you wouldn't be able to climb out of it. You only had one little bruise on your head. I was so shocked and scared when I heard the news. After that I didn't even want you to sleep for too long just in case something wasn't right. I think that your little guardian angel was watching over you that day. Some how, some way you managed to be ok after climbing out of your crib. We do not know how you did it but we thank God that you are ok. This happened when you turned 8 months! We couldn't beleive it. You are such a little monkey!



As for the other cool milestones here they are:

- You have discovered how to sit up really quickly now.
- You have become a little crawling machine. When you see something you like, you crawl towards it and immediately put it in your mouth. One thing that you love to look for is the dog bowl. We found you checking it out with your mouth so now they are off the floor.
- You are able to feed yourself and hold your bottle with one hand. Very impressive!
- You love to talk. Lots of Dadada which makes your Dad really proud :)
-You do not miss many meals :) You love your food and we are glad!

- You are now chewing your food and it is the cutest thing ever! I am able to put little pieces of food on your high chair plate and you can pick it up with your hands and feed yourself. Pretty soon you will be done with bottled baby food. Yay!
-You have been great at socializing too. We have been out and about for a few days this Christmas season and you did so well. We are very proud of you. (You are pretty much the center of attention :)



- My favorite is that you have been sleeping longer hours during the night and that means a happier Mommy.

I'm sure there's a few other milestones that I have forgotten to add. You are just growing so fast! Sometimes I am hoping that you would slow down. I want to enjoy every little thing that you do at this stage because you're only this little once. You have inspired us to be better people and be good parents.


Micah pants, I love you so much. You are everything and more! I am trully blessed and honored to be your Mom.

Till next month,
Mom

No comments: