Monday, January 30, 2006

Something New

Hello again! Today is the start of my 27 weeks (start of my 3rd trimester) and I’m feeling a bit excited and yet anxious at the same time. Excited because I’m a few months away to having baby and anxious because I don’t know what the third trimester is going to be like. I guess I will find out soon enough.

Baby and Me
So far, my 1st and 2nd trimesters were really good. Just a little discomfort here and there but nothing crazy that I wasn’t able to handle. I was supposed to get Mark to take a picture of me this weekend but I forgot. I have to do that soon so you can all see where I’m at. Also, I have to remember to measure how big my belly is now and how much I weigh. Not really looking forward to it but it’s good to keep track. Baby is moving like crazy now. Once in awhile baby would poke my ribs and man I tell ya, it’s the weirdest feeling ever! Also this morning, I was lying on my right side and had one of my hands on my belly….next thing you know, I felt this big push on the palm of my hand from baby! It was so cool! I think it knew that my hand was there and it wanted to touch me and let me know that it’s there. I smiled and poked it back and all I could feel was this side to side jiggle in my stomach. Oh, the precious moments I am going to cherish. It makes all the pain and discomfort worthwhile.

School
Anyways, Lots of things to talk about. First, I would like to mention that today is my 1st day back to school! Again! Work was able to approve me to take the flash course for a month and I’m very excited! I know it’s going to be a lot but it’s only for 10 classes (Monday and Wednesday ) from 6:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m. Hey at least I’m taking it during the 7th month of my pregnancy and not on the 8th or 9th month. Mark is a little worried that it might be too much for me but we’ll see how it goes. I’m probably going to crack one day and be all emotional about it because it’s too much to handle but I know that I will feel better after a good cry. (funny how I already know what’s going to happen)

Doctor’s Appointment
Also, today is the first day that I will be seeing my new doctor (the group over by Glenmore Landing – who is going to be the delivery team). I am not sure what to expect from them but hopefully everything is still the same (Mom and baby are healthy). Cross your fingers!

Gym Project
Also, this weekend, Mark finally finished painting our basement (which is our future gym) and it looks awesome down there! He worked so hard yesterday getting things done. I wish I could help him paint too but the fumes were a little too much for me to handle. We are very excited though because we now have a fully functioning gym at home! Yay! Next project….baby room! I can’t wait!

This Weekend
We pretty much took it easy this weekend. Mark and I drove down to Canmore Saturday day and walked around and had some vegetarian lunch. We meant to go hiking but it got a little cold so we decided to head back home after our late lunch. It was still great to get away from Calgary though and breath some mountain fresh air….We saw and bought a few interesting things: like my hemp pants and some organic beer (not for me, but for Mark), a big truck flipped over on the highway and the most beautiful sun rays I’ve ever seen in a long time.

My hemp pants were only 20$ from the Hemp store! (It was originally 65$). It’s soooo comfy…the texture is like a towel sort of material but made of hemp…and the best part is I can wear it now and after when baby is out. As for the beer, I’m not sure if it’s good or not, I’m sure it’ll be good. Maybe I’ll have a sip and try it out. Oh yeah, we also watched this movie “Lord of War” (Nicolas Cage/Jared Leto/Ethan Hawk) Very good movie. I highly recommend it. It was definitely an eye opener for me about gun smuggling and all that jazz (that’s all I will give away) I have to warn you though, some parts are pretty graphic. There were some parts in the film that I couldn’t handle but overall, it’s a must see…it’s one of those movies that you think about and have good conversations about it after. Excellent movie! Nicolar Cage played his role perfectly! (Warning: not a movie to watch with your kids).

So, all in all, it was a great weekend! Lots of things accomplished…. I must say though….February is going to fly by!

Ciao for now,
K

1 comment:

JF & Steph said...

Very soon, I will have more time to pass by and to do a nice drawing on baby's wall if you want??

steph