Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Home Sweet Home

It truly feels good to be back home! Even though our 6 week long vacation was the most amazing vacation I have ever taken in my entire life, home is where it rocks!

It feels good to be alone as a family again (will tell you the reason on my next coming blog about our trip to the Philippines) and it feels good to be back in the comfort of our regular routine.

It took about a week for Micah pants to be back to normal which is expected from any little ones that travel. It was a rough week but we got through it with lots of "I don't know what to do!"


I definitely learned a lot during our trip. I realize that we always seem to crave the things that we don't have when we are "at" home (like: white sandy beaches, hot weather, beautiful places to check out, snorkling in the ocean, relaxing and not doing any work :)

and then we crave the things that we do have when we are not at home (like: good roads, good nutritious foods, good health care, good system for getting married etc. etc.) I also realized how fortunate we are to be living in Canada. Even though we complain about taxes and the government, they are the reason why we have good roads, necessary rules and regulations, good health care etc. etc.

I am excited to start the new year! I know that Mark and I will have an awesome year with our businesses and a fun year as a family! The most cherished times we've had so far was spending time with our beautiful son. He is getting so smart, goofy and sweet! He knows Mommy and Daddy and we are so in love with our little boy!

Anyway, this is all I can post for now...will try to post again soon.

Luv, K

No comments: