Sunday, January 08, 2006

Farmers Market, Hockey and the weekend

I look forward to my weekends. Why? because I get to sleep in, relax, eat good hearty breakfasts and watch some good ol hockey.

There are only a few things I am going to complain about though (sorry but it's my blog and I can if I want too :)

1. Farmers Market - I used to love going to the Barracks Farmers Market but lately, it seems like all I want to do after I get there is get out fast! It's become so crowded lately and the prices of the fruit and veggies are the exact same price as they are in the grocery store! what happened? I guess everyone found out where it was and now it's like going to the mall or superstore. Who wants to go to a crowded place especially when you're pregnant let alone when you have kids? The only reason why I still go there is for the Simon Pies and that's it. Next time I'll just order them online or by phone and get them delivered to my place! Phew! one down, one more to go.

2. Hockey Game last night - Flames vs. Vancouver - ok! I'm not a hard core fan but did you see this game last night? What the Sam hell happened there? I know we've been going to the penalty box a lot last night but most of the call were pretty unfair. I think the Vancouver Canucks paid the referee's or something because they have been calling out stupid penalties back and forth to the Flames while they let the Canucks get away with it. Ruutu -- you're going to get the beats on the next game, that's for sure. I guess, since you guys haven't been winning lately, we can give you this one I guess. Anyways, sorry about me being negative for a second but if you saw the game last night, you would know what I mean :)

Ok, More to fun and crazy pregnancy stuff! last night was the first time that I saw my stomach moving! it was amazing! I mean, I have been feeling baby move inside but to actually see my stomach move here and there was a surreal experience! I love it! I look forward to it now. Also, this morning when we were having one of the best breakfasts I've ever had, baby moved again and Mark actually saw it this time. It moved like 4 or 5 times and we were both so amazed! yeah, it was like the Alien movie...but this one is cooler for sure :)

Oh, before I forget...try this when you have a craving for some good dip for your nacho chips. I had it last night and I couldn't get it off my mind! Now, that I'm going to write about it, I will probably go and make some afterwards. The amazing dip by 'Mark Eshpeter'.

1/2 guacamole
some sour cream
salsa (hot or medium)

mush the guacamole then pour over the sour cream
mix it together and pour over the salsa
mix all of it together and serve with your fave nacho chips!

yummy! you must try it to beleive it!
ok, I'm gonna go make some now.

ciao for now!
K

1 comment:

Calgary Athlete said...

Actually, it's 1/2 an avacado my dear but otherwise you are correct.