Thursday, January 05, 2006

Yummy Curry!

So I am sitting in my cube trying to find a way to make myself feel better. I had red chicken curry for lunch (leftovers from last night) and man was it every tasty! And yeah, I’m full again…(what’s new right?).

Since I have been pregnant, I have loved and thought of spicy food pretty much every week. I told Mark that our baby is going to come out and it's going to look Mexican or Indian or something.

Mostly, Mark and I would go to the Thai Nongkai place close to work and they have the most amazing curry in the world! (well except when your in Thailand of course) They make all the different colors of curry, from red, green, yellow and brown! Our favorite dish there is the Mutsamun Chicken curry (it is served in brown curry sauce, potatoes and peanuts). If you are ever craving some good, tasty grub – please check out the Thai Nongkai in the South (very close to Outlaws – where the Pawn Shop used to be). I recommend getting the dinner for 2 so you can enjoy and taste a few varieties of thai cuisine. Trust me, you will be dreaming about it for days afterwards.

Anyways, enough about food talk – I would like to thank Jenn for showing me this blog site. She has been so wonderful in answering the many questions that I do have regarding parenting. She just had a handsome baby boy a few months ago and seems to be doing really well. I hope I will be as good as her when I have my kid. We’ll find out soon enough I guess.

Oh, today I go and see my doctor for my regular checkup. I look forward to hearing baby “E”s heartbeat. It is the most beautiful sound in the world! One time I got Mark to bring over his stethoscope because in one of the books that I have been reading stated that I am now able to hear the heartbeat using a stethoscope. So, he brings it home and we could not hear a thing!!! I don’t know where you should be placing it on the stomach but I tried everywhere and could not hear a thing. We even tried it on Sammy and Cassy (our JRTs) and of course fast heartbeats :) they are so cute... oh well, I should ask my doctor today and hopefully, Mark will be able to hear it at home too.

Until tomorrow,
Kristine

No comments: